Autism Parenting Magazine is an award winning publication aimed at improving the quality of life for families effected by autism. We believe in the potential of every child with autism and the magazine has become an essential resource for parents around the world.
Established in 2012, our focus remains on objectively publishing autism-related topics, events, developments, treatments and news stories. We also cover a variety of inspiring real-life success stories to help parents make informed decisions and keep them updated on the latest therapeutic and treatment options.
Our magazine features articles from hundreds of contributors including respected professionals, autism experts, parents of children on the spectrum and adults with autism. We include articles aimed at all age ranges from toddlers through the teenage years all the way to the preparation of adulthood. Together, we form a strong community.
We receive several questions each month about our stance on autism-related issues. Since it’s a challenge to provide individual answers to all of your questions, we would like to clarify our fundamental beliefs.
- Big changes are possible.
- Each child with autism is different, and as such, will respond differently to a variety of approaches and techniques. Our approach is about finding what ‘works’ for each child and we don’t consider there to be a one-size-fits-all.
- Parents need support and reassurance as much as the children and we aim to provide this through our magazine, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
- Neurotypical individuals are NOT better than people with Autism Spectrum Disorder and we can all learn from one another.
- Focusing on people’s strengths and interests will increase optimism and thereby foster the view that children and adults with autism can go forth and live the most independent and successful life possible.
- All people with Autism Spectrum Disorders should have the same opportunities presented to them with assistance as needed.
We remain open-minded about every therapeutic approach, and where possible, try to present a balanced debate to potential treatments.
In producing the magazine on a monthly basis, we aim to provide all the information about the options to help:
- Improve social skills
- Improve communication
- Decrease challenging behaviors
- Decrease sensory sensitivities
- Increase verbal abilities for people with speech difficulties
- Decrease gastrointestinal discomfort
- Increase awareness and acceptance of autism
- Supply information on safe options so parents and autistics can make their own choices based on their individual circumstances
If you are interested in buying or subscribing to our magazine, please visit this page https://www.autismparentingmagazine.com/how_to_purchase/
We currently offer the magazine in digital format as a flickable magazine, downloadable PDF or smart phone version which can be read on iPhone, iPad and Android devices. The PDF version can be printed for offline reading.
Autism Parenting Magazine