Autism Parenting Magazine is the leading magazine for parents of autistic children as well as professionals seeking to work with children on the spectrum. Established in 2012, our focus remains on objectively publishing autism-related topics, events, developments, treatments and news stories. We also cover a variety of inspiring real-life success stories to help parents make informed decisions and keep them updated on the latest therapeutic and treatment options.
Our magazine features articles from hundreds of contributors including respected professionals, autism experts, parents of children on the spectrum and adults with autism. We include articles aimed at all age ranges from toddlers through the teenage years all the way to the preparation of adulthood. Together, we form a strong community.
In 2014 Autism Parenting Magazine won the prestigious Gold Mums Choice award for best online resources.
The Mom’s Choice Awards® (MCA) is an international awards program that recognizes authors, inventors, companies, parents and others for their efforts in creating quality family-friendly media, products and services. Parents, educators, librarians and retailers look for the Mom’s Choice Awards Honoring Excellence seal of approval when selecting quality materials for children and families.
We receive several questions each month about our stance on autism-related issues. Since it's a challenge to provide individual answers to all of your questions, we would like to clarify our fundamental beliefs.
- Focusing on people’s strengths and interests will increase optimism and thereby foster the view that children and adults with autism can go forth and live the most independent and successful life possible.
- Each child with autism is different, and as such, will respond differently to a variety of approaches and techniques. Our approach is about finding what ‘works’ for each child and we don’t consider there to be a one-size-fits-all.
- Parents need support and reassurance as much as the children and we aim to provide this through our magazine, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
- Neurotypical individuals are NOT better than people with Autism Spectrum Disorder and we can all learn from one another.
- All people with Autism Spectrum Disorders should have the same opportunities presented to them with assistance as needed.
- Treatments claiming to “cure autism” give false hope and deplete financial stability of families in need of caring for their child and saving for their child’s future.
We remain open-minded about every therapeutic approach, and where possible, try to present a balanced debate to potential treatments.
In producing the magazine on a monthly basis, we aim to provide all the information about the options to help:
- Decrease self-injurious behaviors
- Decrease sensory sensitivities
- Increase verbal abilities for people with speech difficulties
- Decrease gastrointestinal discomfort
- Increase awareness and acceptance of autism
- Supply information on safe options so parents and autistics can make their own choices based on their individual circumstances
"Not all kids are learning the skills they need for the future. Autism Parenting Magazine contains all the information families need to help individuals with autism become independent and be the best they can be."
Professor, Speaker, Author, Autism advocate
"As a devoted autism mom and advocate, I understand the distinct needs of autism families. Autism Parenting Magazine passionately provides its readers with the latest research and professional guidance families seek, while bringing a sense of unity to the autism community."
Award-winning attorney, On-camera legal expert, Host, Philanthropist
How to Buy
If you are interested in buying or subscribing to our magazine, please visit this page https://www.autismparentingmagazine.com/how_to_purchase/
We currently offer the magazine in digital format as a downloadable PDF or smart phone version which can be read on iPhone, iPad and Android devices. The PDF version can be printed for offline reading.
Autism Parenting Magazine