Where is the printed version of Autism Parenting Magazine?

Autism Parenting Magazine started as a digital publication running on the Apple Newsstand platform for iOS ( iPhone / iPad editions) and subsequently got released in Android smartphone and PDF formats.

We have experimented and explored the idea of paper copies of the magazine in the past. The short answer is we cannot continue to produce a magazine with so many articles at a price most autism parents can afford if we switch to a paper based subscription model. We have a large magazine now packed with articles which address the large range of conditions, issues and solutions that are inherent in the autism spectrum. It is not just the issue of printing paper but also the issue of delivery costs to our now global audience.

Unfortunately, we live in an age where many niche publishers like ours are going bankrupt and the successful ones are charging upwards of $14.95 per issue or reducing publication frequency to bi monthly or quarterly. We chose not to do that as our goal is to provide world class information regularly at a price parents can afford. Our mission is really to help and support children and parents affected by autism in the best way we can, regardless of affordability.

You are welcome to print the magazine if you feel to, while we haven’t used any of these or guarantee their quality – there are several services online where you can send a PDF and they will print and send the magazine in the mail to you. There are also companies like Staples that have big industrial printers which will print for you while you’re in the store. If you have good experiences with any of these, please let us know so we can recommend it to other parents.

We prefer the “print if you need” approach over pre packaged glossy magazines that do not biodegrade and have a high carbon footprint. One of our concerns also is the environmental impact and we are not alone in that….

If you have not heard about 16 year old Greta Thunberg, she is shaking up the world at the moment with her “school strikes” as result of the rapid environmental and climate change we are faced with. Not only is she on the autism spectrum and a Nobel Peace prize winner – she also represents the next generation. The generation of your children. The ones that will be forced to live with the environmental impact of the generations before. She is my hero at the moment and I’m sure we will see more ASD teenagers speaking and caring about the future of the planet in the same way she does.

We understand that our approach and decisions will not make everyone happy. There will always be people that say a magazine has to be glossy and in paper. But we do our best with the resources we have available. If you are unhappy for any reason with our magazine, just contact our support team and we will issue a refund.

Thanks for you taking the time to read this article

All the best,

Mark

Founder

Autism Parenting Magazine

Mark Blakey

Mark Blakey is the founder of both Autism Parenting Magazine and Asperger's Test Site. He has been writing articles about Asperger's in adults since 2010.Mark created the Asperger’s Test Site following his own diagnosis with Asperger’s. Moving away from a successful career in Information Technology, Mark had been inspired to change careers and work in the field of personal growth. Mark runs workshops to help groups of individuals work through emotional traumas and realize their potential as human beings.He has two books on amazon, guiding autistic adults through their journey from diagnosis to self acceptance. An introduction to Asperger’s Syndrome and Emotional Mastery for adults with Asperger’s.

• Avatar Rebecca Lassiter says:

I do not have an iPhone, ipad or android. I would like them sent to my email please.

• Avatar Dul says:

Hi Jeanne, we have just responded to your first email. Please kindly check your inbox or spam folder. Many thanks 🙂

• Avatar Sam bush says:

Hi If I subscribe from the UK how much would it cost in pounds for an annual subscription.

Thanks in advance
    Sam Bush

• Avatar Linda Chapman says:

Thank you, I never considered that. Can I then change the email address that the magazine goes to

• Avatar Sheila wilkerson says:

My daughter and I both would prefer a printed version it’s disappointing that this is not offered. It is not always convenient to get on your phone to read things and not always a possibility to print things out.

• Avatar Edna says:

Hi Sheila! I have just responded to your comment. Kindly check your email inbox or spam folder. Thank you.

• Avatar Bertha Martinez says:

I would prefer a printed version it’s disappointing that this is not offered. It is not always convenient to get on the phone to read things and not always a possibility to print things out. Hope this becomes available.

• Avatar Edna says:

WE sincerely apologize that we do not provide paper copies. As we mentioned above, we did experiment in the past with producing a paper version but we had such a low uptake compared to the digital version that it became too expensive for us to produce. Thanks so much for understanding, Bertha.
          Yes, if ever paper copies become available, we’ll let you know. Take care!

• Avatar Nancy Trevino says:

I would be more inclined to read and subscribe if there was paper copy . I do not carry my tablet with me. Have enough to read for work/ school on tablet. In our tiny town don’t always have internet service!

• Avatar Edna says:

Sorry to hear, Nancy, that the digital version doesn’t work for you. As we mentioned in our article, we did experiment in the past with producing a paper version but we had such a low uptake compared to the digital version that it became too expensive for us to produce.
      Also, if you purchase our magazine, you’ll have access to our Member’s Dashboard page where you can log in and access your current and past issues. From there, you can read it just like paper copies and zoom in and out for easier reading or download it to your device for offline reading.
      Thanks for understanding, Nancy. Have a great day!

• Avatar Flower says:

I’d prefer if there was an actual paper magazine, too bad it’s not available.

• Avatar Edna says:

We sincerely apologize that our magazines are only available in PDF format via web, iOS devices, and Android devices, and we do not print physical copies. As we mentioned above, we did experiment in the past with producing a paper version but we had such a low uptake compared to the digital version that it became too expensive for us to produce.

​You can, however, try our digital version by getting a free issue here: https://www.autismparentingmagazine.com/freegift/

If after this, you think that our digital version would be okay with you, we then encourage you to subscribe here: https://www.autismparentingmagazine.com/subscriptions/

Enjoy reading!

• Avatar Teresa says:

I would just like to say thank you for everything you guys are doing. And I agree with what you said about the class pages I’d like that regular pages are biodegradable. I just printed out my copy on my printer with regular paper. I have a HP printer with a subscription so it worked out well thank you. Have a great week.

• Avatar Dorothy J Feldman says:

I wish you had made it more clear before I placed my order that you do not have printed copies. I would like a refund of the 48 back copies that I ordered. I do not have the time to sit in front of a computer reading all these copies. I will stay with my one month subscription to see if I like it and have the time to read it. I am trying to inform myself for another family member. I am not an Autism Parent. Thank you for understanding!
    Dorothy J.

• Avatar Edna says:

Hi Dorothy, sorry for the confusion. On our checkout page before you complete your purchase, you’ll see a small note saying “All of our subscriptions are digital and include a slick interactive magazine and PDF download for offline reading. You are welcome to print the magazine. Our annual subscription fee includes free access to our iOS and Android apps so you can always read on the go!” https://cl.ly/e7bad5eb445b

About your request, please know that I have just sent you an email stating the refund.

Lastly, I’m glad to hear that you are willing to give our magazine a try. If after checking our magazine you still think that our digital copies do not work for you, let us know so we can help with the cancellation. Please be sure to contact us before July 20, 2019 (before your monthly subscription renews for another 30 days).

Thanks so much. I hope in our next conversation, you find our magazines helpful despite it being in digital format only (and choose to stay with us). 🙂

• >