Fantastic Job Interview Tips for People on the Spectrum
In this two-part series of the Dr. G Aspie Show, Michelle Fish, CEO of Integra Staffing, joins Dr. G to provide tips for Aspies on job interviews. Each part covers different aspects of the process:
- Reviews the things to do before your interview to ensure you are fully-prepared. Preparation is key!
- Choose an outfit that’s appropriate and nice-looking, and also one that you’re comfortable wearing.
- What should you bring with you on an interview?
- Know exactly where you are going! Practice driving there beforehand so you are familiar with the area.
- Research the company.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early.
Click here to find out more
- G and Michelle go over what you do once you have arrived for the interview.
- Pick up a magazine relevant to the business. Don’t choose a social magazine, but choose one relevant to the industry to which you are applying.
- When they greet you to bring you back for the interview, extend your hand, make good eye contact!
- When walking into the interview room, choose a seat where you will feel most comfortable.
- Don’t be afraid to brag about yourself! If you can, bring a work sample.
- End the interview on a high note.
- Follow-up after the interview with a very nice handwritten thank-you note.
Watch the full videos on the Southeast Psych YouTube channel or by going to:
This article was featured in Issue 47 – Motherhood – An Unconditional Love