- Instructions Not Included: When ASD Siblings Need Emotional Instruction by S.R. Salas
- Where There’s Anger, There’s Fear by Ariane Zurcher
- Interview: Susan Louise Peterson by Leslie Burby
- The Whole Tooth and Nothing but the Tooth by Kimberlee Rutan McCafferty
- Autism in the News by Leslie Burby
- Siblings: A Plan for Them by Dr. Irene Schulz and Dr. Margaret S. Texidor
- Book in the Spotlight: Sparrow Migrations by Cari Noga
- Q&A Section: How does Gluten free casein free diet work and is it effective? by Leslie A. Burby
- The End of April Doesn’t Mean the End of Autism Acceptance by Karen Bower
- Product Feature: Fun Fridge Magnets by Jason Stacey and Michael Moto
- Tools for Parents of Children with Disabilities with Video-Modeling by Barbara Distinti
- Neuro-Typical Kids with Aspie Siblings by Dr. Lauren King
I couldn’t be more pleased with this months’ issue. Every month we strive to improve from the last. We reached out to subscribers and asked what they wanted from Autism Parenting Magazine. Many wanted real-life stories from parents with autistic children or from autistic adults. So we scoured the globe, (well, more like the worldwide autism community) and found some amazingly witty writers that just happen to be parents of autistic children.
I am very pleased to feature an article written by Renee Salas about how she had to explain to her ASD daughter that the NT daughter “needed” a hug (hence the cover image.) I find Renee’s honesty to be a remarkable breathe of fresh air, and am constantly finding her work to be helpful with a twist of humor (although unintentional at times).
In addition to Renee, I am very pleased to be featuring articles from Ariane Zurcher, Karen Bower, and Kimberlee Rutan McCafferty all of which are phenomenal, thought-provoking writers.
Also, in this issue we have included articles about practical parenting advice by Dr. Lauren King, as well as, Dr. Irene Schulz and Dr. Margaret S. Texidor.
Since we are entering into the summer, to help parents prepare for your child’s end-of-the-year PPT meeting, I highly recommend watching some (or all) of the videos from the newly launched site www.YourSpecialEducationRights.com to help you prepare. As if all the great stories and helpful advice wasn’t enough, this issue explains how to apply to win a free scholarship to a summer camp from Rudi’s Bakery!
So what are you waiting for – get reading!
Leslie A. Burby